After today’s announcement from the Prime Minister, we are pleased to say that from July 9th we will be opening up the garden at the Shepherds to allow alfresco dining. Details on this are as follows;
We will only be operating from the back of the Shepherds. The garden benches will be socially distant and access is easily gained through the car park. The back door of the property will be open where an order point will be located through the hatch behind the bar. This is where you will be able to order food & drinks from a limited, ever changing menu. Due to supplier demands at this time we cannot guarantee a day to day menu however it will be based around burgers, fish & chips etc. As for the bar, we will have draught beer, limited wine selection and a range of spirits available.
To start with we will be offering this at the following times;
Thursday – 17:00 – 21:00
Friday & Saturday 12:00 – 14:00 | 17:00 – 21:00
We must insist that the following guidelines are followed at this time for the safety of our team and our guests;
- We will operate on a 1 in 1 out system when entering the building to either order or use the loos. This is to ensure that social distancing is maintained.
- Upon entering the building outside the door will be a hand sanitising station. This must be used before entering the building
- Drinks ordered at the bar can be taken immediately with you to your table, any food that is ordered will be served through the kitchen window onto a table situated outside the window, your name will be called when your food is ready.
- There will be no standing areas, upon arrival you must occupy a table/bench and one person should come inside to order for your table, the rest of the party should stay seated. Once all the benches are full, we will be at capacity and unfortunately anyone who arrives after this will have to leave and return later.
- The Restaurant and Bar areas are locked and access to these areas will be limited to staff only for the time being.
- We also ask guests to practise full social distancing guidelines whilst with us to ensure that we continue to offer a safe environment.
- Any verbal or physical abuse aimed towards any team member will not be tolerated.
At this point we would also like to mention that should you not adhere to these rules we will kindly ask you to leave the property. We are adapting to this new normal and we are simply trying to offer you a safe place to enjoy some food & a beverage!
We will be offering this service until the rest of the building has been refurbished and we are in a position to reopen fully as MJP@TheShepherds.
We thank you all once again for your support throughout these times and we cannot wait to welcome you all, inside, as soon as we can!